Introducing Telephony 2.0!
The IP Softphone 2050 (i2050 Software Phone) joins Nortel's entire range of desktop devices, including the IP Phone 2004 Internet Telephone, Personal Call Manager, and CallPilot into a single hardware form which can be integrated with PC functionality. By simply installing the IP Softphone 2050 from a disc and plugging in a USB headset you can transform your PC into a full-featured platform for voice, data, and video communications.
Integrating Multiple Communications Methods
The Nortel IP Softphone 2050 (i2050 Software Phone) provides an easy means of increasing efficiency and versatility of interpersonal communications. High-quality voice communication is supported using USB connected headset directly into your PC. Calling Line Identification, traditional call handling options, and voicemail access are supported through an intuitive user interface with a dial pad and six programmable feature keys. Access to Nortel Personal Call Manager and CallPilot allows you to access text, email, and voice messaging, as well as Call logs and call information data. With the IP SoftPhone 2050 it is even possible to integrate video communication.
Easily Expand your Abilities
The Nortel IP Softphone 2050 (i2050 Software Phone) is standards-based for interoperability with proxy and gateway servers such as MGCP, H.323, SIP and legacy PSTN devices. Microsoft TAPI compliance allows for operation with other computer telephony applications such as Microsoft Outlook and ACT. Plus with support for static (VPN) and dynamic (DHCP) IP addressing the IP Softphone 2050 is extremely versatile and easy to administer.
***The IP SoftPhone 2050 supports multiple platforms, including Business Communications Manager (BCM), Meridian 1 PBX, and Succession Communication Server for Enterprise 1000.
- Multiple ‘skins’ integrate with customized PC settings
- Total transparency for mobile workers and telecommuters through IP access
- Seamless interface with engaged applications such as Unified Messaging
Telephony optimized USB kit for superior audio performance
- Available on Communication Server 1000, Business Communications Manager and Meridian 1 PBX VoIP phone systems
- Multiple audio interfaces for a broad landscape of user environments
- Audio Adapter interoperates with 3rd party devices such as an external lamp option, which is ideal for call center environments
- Fixed keys include copy, quit, up, down, right, left navigation keys, mute, up and down volume keys, answer, goodbye, information key, directory, inbox, outbox, services, quick dials, redial list, callers list, local directory
- Macro functions for programming lengthy dialing patterns boosts personal productivity
- Powerful directory capabilities: local (stored on the PC itself) or linked to external directory (LDAP, Outlook, and Symantec ACT are supported)
- TAPI compliance for operation with other telephony applications such as Microsoft Outlook and ACT
- User-selectable ringer that allows the PC speakers, USB headset or Nortel Networks handset to ring for incoming calls
- Local generation of call alerting, call progress and dialpad tones saving LAN/WAN bandwidth
- Supports static (VPN) and dynamic (DHCP) IP addressing for maximum flexibility in administration
- Voice Activity Detection and Silence Suppression support reduces unnecessary traffic across the WAN
- Online help with full index search capabilities
- Simple access to the IP Softphone 2050 is provided through Microsoft Outlook's address book and calling functions.